Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Some of my DriveWise estimated discounts

Every once in a while I check my estimated discounts.
To help you get a sense of what to expect take a look at these

On December 18, 2016 I had one estimate early in the day at 17.5%



Later in the day they recalculated time of day driving averages and my estimated discount changed.  It seems that driving between 10:00am and noon, during weekdays, has an important effect in the discount.  Strange thing is that the road congestion in Mississauga between 9:00am and noon (medium risk time) is lower than the road congestion between 5:00pm and 7:00p (low risk) which is high congestion rush hour.  Strange - it makes no sense.



After 2 months

By January 6 my driving was on average 12.64 km/day or 4,164 km per year but my discount is still just 20%



Halfway through the 6 month "test"

I have 6 "hard brakes" (no extreme braking events) and just one 9 km trip at about 11:30 pm
Driving is just 10.77 mm/day or 3930 km/year  and still just 20% discount.




Another person in the family also taking the test, 1/3 way through the program has much better stats with only 1 braking event and 3,365 km/year but at only 22.5% discount.




It appears that getting a 30% discount is very very very difficult.





No comments:

Post a Comment